Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Cabbie Friday?

"Doing a good job cyclist!" said the cabdriver as we waited at the light. He was smiling and not a drop of sarcasm was in his voice. I had recently passed him to cut over into the left-most lane.

Weird.

A few intersections later, at another light, a different cabbie honked and I saw him smiling, nodding and giving me thumbs up.

I checked -- my skirt was in place, all of my buttons were fastened. There was no flashing going on. Apparently the cabbies (at least these two) were just happy today, too. Sweet.

Happy Friday!

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Gilby said...

Awww...Your blog is making me feel so warm and fuzzy and happy to be a cyclist this week :c)

Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous hamgray said...

Maybe they're happy as if there are more cyclists there will be less cars, and hence less congestion so they can whizz about collecting fares?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger QUASAR9 said...

I agree with gilby & hamgray. There are some nice people out there. Maybe its just the site of you makes them smile with pleasure. keep on cycling! Laters ... Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter