Thursday, April 13, 2006

Photos: Julep, Blackie, Me

Most of these pictures are embarrassing for one of two reasons:

1. I have waaayy too many pictures of Blackie. I am turning into a cat lady. [In my defense, she is the obvious subject to take pictures of – much more exciting that chairs or other furniture at my place.]

2. Pictures of myself. Last Saturday morning it dawned on me that I Have A Digital Camera, but not a single photo of myself. So, unwashed and with messy hair, I dropped what I was doing, held my camera at arm’s length and started snapping away. Can anything more narcissistic? Yes, posting them on the internet.

Blackie and my photos are below. First, here are some non-embarrassing pics of the Julep, first front of my apartment, and then at the Handlebar later that day: [She sorely needs a spring cleaning and new streamers.]





Blackie’s least flattering picture:


And less disturbing ones. Look how friggin’ long she is:

Me. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Props to all of the people who can actually make these pictures turn out OK.

1

2 3 4 5


6

Any thoughts on which one (if any) should replace my current blog header pic?

10 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sascha said...

I vote for 4 or 2.

And hey, that's what pets were made for. They exist for us to lavish attention on them and waste film (now pixels).

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

2, 6, or 4.

Nice to have you back. Best wishes for everything.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Gilby said...

The Julep is adorable, and so are you--the cute boys will find you in no time!!! I vote for picture number 2.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Randy said...

Heck, I like the one you have up already. I vote for it.

Randy

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous jenny said...

I would vote for 2 as well - great glasses! But that first picture of your cat? Um... what part of her body am I looking at? :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger George said...

Streamers are cool. Whomever you decide to date will be an extremely lucky boy. My wife's bike has a bugle horn but that's not as cool as streamers:-)

Our cat has grown pretty big in the past few months, I'm betting it's as least as long as your's...

Favorite picture? I like all of them. Yeah, I know that didn't help at all, but you're cute in all of them.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger jojo said...

Y'all are sweet. #2 seems to be the consistent front-runner. I chose the current picture because it makes my face look uncannily like my older brother, and I found that weird/funny.

Jen: The picture is of Blackie's belly while on my lap (I'm wearing red pants). Just as I snapped the picture, she arched her head/paws backwards over my knees. You can see the beginning of her hind legs at the bottom of the photo.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous zweirad said...

Number 5 look best to me. I like how the streak in your hair flows in a nice curve down to your shoulder. You're looking at us, the readers, and that's nice. Plus, it's not out of focus like the other one that I'd vote for.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No 2 is the bestest...

 
At 5:01 AM, Anonymous chenepan said...

I'd say 4 - except looking at the camera a bit more...

Like the bikes. BTW do you have critical mass rides in Chicago?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter