Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Minneapolis Weekend

From the Windy City to the Land of Lakes in less than 48 hours. Ready or not, here I come Minneapolis!

I’ll be in Minneapolis this Friday night and Saturday. The word is out and I might get to meet some more of the cool Minneapolis bikey people on Saturday night. I’m letting my Big Bro take care of the where/when details, but feel free to join us. Sascha seems to imply that drinking my lightweight self under the table will somehow be a challenge – sure, if you are twelve year old diabetic. Otherwise, it only proves that you aren’t allergic to alcohol.

The possible itiniery for the short weekend includes:
Cave bouldering,
Bike riding (Gilby offered me a bike to ride),
Dodgeball,
Cooking, and
Drinking.

My train leaves early Sunday morning. Unconscious or not, I need to be on it. Those who plan to drink me under the table best be prepared to haul my ass onto the train – if need be, I’ll pin my ticket to my shirt.

12 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sascha said...

some of us even have cars to expedite the train loading of your carcass on Sunday morning. We'll getcha there. And I'm a lightweight too and so is Annie. If anything, it'll be Gilby that puts us under the table!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger equipoise said...

Sascha offered a bike as well, so we'll get you set up one way or another.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sascha said...

Yes, but my biggest bike is a 15inch hybrid. The others are 42cm, 47cm and x-small. :) Gilby actually might have a bike to fit normal sized people.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous andy said...

What, the clown bike?

I happen to have seven in my stable if you're more in the 5'8" or 5'9" range...

I'm a lightweight too, as equipoise and sascha can attest to, 3 sample beers at the summit brewery got me pretty looped...

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger annie said...

Sascha says I can come too. This will be epic. The Battle of the Cheap Dates. I can just see it now. 3 beers each and we'll all be falling down..... with the possible exception of Gilby. I haven't been drinking with her before.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Gilby said...

Oh, I think I can be a viable contender in the "cheapest date" contest!

Hey, Jojo, the Bianchi has SPD-compatible pedals on it right now; but if you need a different set-up, we can work something out. You can bring your own pedals, too, if that works best.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger jojo said...

I clip in with SPD, so that shouldn't be a problem.

My Bianchi is a 49cm, the Julep is 44 -- short girls rock!

This weekend sounds like a lot of fun!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger annie said...

You guys are combining clipless with drunkenness? This will be good.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Frick said...

Atually SPD the optimal choice for riding drunk? That way they can keep you from falling off your bike.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger equipoise said...

andy-

Glad I wasn't the only one a little looped after 3 brews on the Summit tour (and those were more like 8 oz'ers, weren't they?)

But since then I've been working diligently to perfect my drinking skills to be in top form this weekend. Um, yeah, uh huh.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Sascha said...

yeah, it's not the pedals you have to watch out for--it's the poles and chains...

long story. I'll tell it Saturday night.

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous andy said...

equipoise -

Yeah, hence my dubbing them "sample" beers. It really was quite humorous. It's a good thing that the green mill stop ensued shortly thereafter.

Also, for the record, there's no way I am riding clipless, you people are nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter