Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Email MeltDown

Oh. My. God.

My yahoo email account hasn’t worked all day. I am obsessed with continuing to futilely access the account. Worse is that on my Yahoo homepage, I can see that I now have twenty-three unread messages. It was seven this morning.

I cannot help but wonder who those additional messages are from......
Is it Big Bro providing me with super-fun Minneapolis options? Is it Frick sending me his flight schedule for Thanksgiving weekend – OR – maybe Amsterdam ideas...... Could it be another discussion amongst the Hbar owners regarding the NYE party...or the Hbar remodeling...or the new menu...or.....? Or maybe these messages are invites from friends to hang out tonight. Maybe people are changing plans. Maybe my bank has noticed suspicious activity. Perhaps Paul got tickets to the symphony tonight. The options are endless......and my curious mind can’t handle not knowing.

I have closed the browser window several times......I have re-logged into Yahoo......I have turned off my computer.......I have cursed and begged........I have tried doing work and ignoring the problem.....I have tried other computers. Nothing works. I am tapped for ideas. Fuck -- now it's 29 messages.......

6 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Gilby said...

There will be super-fun Minneapolis stuff, to be sure! You can borrow my Bianchi while you are in town, if you like.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Frick said...

I sent you many, many, important emails with imformation crucial for you to have RIGHT NOW. I can't tell you what it is though.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger annie said...

A few years ago my yahoo account suddenly decided that my password was invalid, for no reason, and since instead of reasonable questions to verify your identity it uses things like "what is the meaning of life" (not joking), I had NO IDEA what I might have put as my answer, so I never got back into the account. Ever again. I had to get a new one. I'm still irritated.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Sascha said...

The meaning of life is 42. Nerds unite!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger jojo said...

I was able to check my Yahoo account at home last night. No life or death emails.

However it again doesn't access at work. Today I have 16 unread messages.

If this is some sort of attempt by my firm to make me more productive -- It's Not Working. I am wasting more time trying to access my email than reading it. Grrrr.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger annie said...

Dude, I tried 42 and that wasn't it. Although Yahoo didn't ever tell me WHICH piece of information was wrong, so for all I know I got the secret question right and just didn't remember which zip code I used, or for all I know I originally said that I lived in Azerbaijan or something, who knows. I made that account when I was in high school, fer chrissakes. Having learned, though, my current Yahoo account actually has accurate information about my whereabouts, so all I'll have to do is try every zip code I've lived in since 2003. No guarantees about the secret question though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter