Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Labor of Graffiti

I spent several hours finishing the final painting of the men’s restroom at the Hbar on Labor Day. First July 4th, now Labor day. Those fucking graffiti scrawlers have stolen two of the three summer holidays from me.

Knock if off you punks. Trust me, if I had the power to arrest president Bush or stop the Iraq war – I would. But I don’t, so quit writing it on the walls. You are only preaching to the choir at the Hbar – at least go deface some chain restaurants’ bathrooms and leave mine alone.

Finally – I have a hard enough time reaching spots on these walls even with the friggin’ ladder. How in the world do manage to scrawl this stuff in those spots? I understand that standing atop of the urinal is part of it, but do you also put your weight on the light fixture? Dudes, that just isn’t safe. Part of me yearns for the day you fall and hurt yourself when the light fixture’s single plastic screw snaps and you slip off the urinal and onto the tile floor. I will very much enjoy defending the Hbar against that frivolous lawsuit.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Frick said...

First, to get rid of blog spam, go to settings, comments, and select "word verification"

Someone was nice enough to point it out to me, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Second, by acknowledging that there is a reasonable chance that people will use the light fixture in the bathroom to hold their weight, and that fixture is not safe, does that make you liable?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger jojo said...

Frick. Blog Spam protection: ON.

First, I honestly don't know HOW some of the graffiti got where it is. Standing on the last 'secure' rung of a tall, tall ladder still made it hard for me to reach the corners of the ceiling.

The most sensible explanation is that guys are standing on each others' shoulders.

Your question about our liability is legitimate. However, the actions that would lead to this situation are certainly not reasonable on the part of the defacer. Another customer might choose to use a knife to cut himself -- also not reasonable.

I didn't 'booby-trap' the light fixture, so I haven't made the situation more dangerous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter