Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Life: An Update

The Den of Awkwardness apartment is empty, clean and awaiting its next unsuspecting victims. It's actually a great place when it is clean--Isaac, Gabe and I mourned the loss of potential on Sunday as we got rid of the last bit of stuff.

I still can't bring myself to completely unpack at my new place, but I am definitely settling in here. Tuesday night I will host my first friend for dinner--hopefully an occurance that will be repeated many times with many people.

On or before April 15, 2005 I will sign over $20,000 and become a partner in the Handlebar, Chicago's bikey bar and restaurant. This is very exciting and scary for me. My first goal as an owner will be to improve brunch--they are in a neighborhood that attracts a strong brunch crowd, and I want the Hbar to tap into it.

This weekend is a crazy bikey weekend. Friday I work a booth at the Bike Show for CBF and Cycling Sisters and then Saturday night is CBF's 20th Anniversary Gala. I am ridiculously excited about this.

I've decided to convert a bike into a fixie, and hope to head down to working bikes on Saturday to pick up an old roadbike. It's fun to think that hours after scrounging around through reams of dirty old bikes I will be at a frou frou formal event.

Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Gilby said...

Sounds like life is good--I'm glad you're giving riding fixed a chance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter