Thursday, March 24, 2005

Another Bike Misfortune

My anti-Midas touch struck again! Heading to federal court I wheeled the Hardrock onto Wells St. and pushed off when the light turned green. I rolled slightly into the intersection and the cranks wouldn’t turn. Hopping off the bike I wheeled it towards the sidewalk to investigate. Problem the chain was wrapped around the crank – twice, and kinked up oddly.. This was so bizarre it made last week’s tube/cassette co-mingling seem reasonable. Luckily it was pretty easy to fix–I pushed in the rear derailleur to give slack the chain, wiggled it off of the crank and then reset it on the chainring. I even made it to court on time. Woo hoo!

I don’t think this was operator error or stubbornness [you were right last time, though Frick]. I suspect that my bike is getting messed with. This is and two times in one week that I rode in on a functional bike and unlock a bike that doesn’t work before it crosses Randolph St. Not cool. Maybe I will have to start paying the regular panhandler to guard my bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter