Sunday, February 20, 2005

Weekend Woes

My weekend has fallen into shambles. I had a long week of work and Friday afternoon was pretty friggin' grueling. I'm too lazy to write out the details of what is certainly a boring, mundane tale. Let's just say the support staff really needs to get it together--why is thinking so difficult and rare? It really saves a lot of time, stress and effort.

I would bet almost anything, that had I done everything myself instead of giving work to my secretary and paralegal, my project would have been done sooner and with less stress on my part. This seems like a sensible course of action--but there is no reason why the client should pay $170 an hour for me to photocopy, punch holes and staple paper along with simple document formatting. It is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. Grrrrr.

After the project finally was submitted I was really looking to meeting Dee for dinner and blowing off some steam. She canceled at the last minute and I found myself without plans on the cusp of Friday night. My weekends lately have been quite busy and I end up having to decline events because of prior plans. This Friday had no back-up plans and the few people I contacted weren't available to do anything with me. So, I went to nap at 8:30, hoping that something would materialize for me to do as I slumbered. No dice. So after puttering around a bit, I went back to bed.

Then on Saturday I realized that I completely dropped the ball on concert plans with Adam. For some inexplicable reason, I didn't think concert tickets were needed for the show--even though all of the signs pointed clearly to it selling out. Fortunately, I realized my error and called off our plans several hours before the show, so we didn't even bother going.

Instead I went to hang out with my other law school friends to watch a movie at Jill's place. It was a pretty nice night, but certainly not the fun concert I was expecting. Adorable ex-bf lawyer boy was there. The crush is officially over--I didn't make any attempt to flirt with or engage him, and that felt fine. I don't feel anything more than a twinge towards him. This feels mostly good, but still has a melancholy edge to it.

4 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous freewriter said...

Hre's hoping that you are not a lawyer who is offended by lawyer jokes:

Actual exchange between a lawyer and doctor on the stand...
Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for breathing?
A: No.
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
A: No.
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive, practicing law somewhere.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger equipoise said...

Glad to hear the crush is over! Congrats! Hopefully the next guy you meet will actually appreciate what you have to offer while ignoring the urge to run away.

But now that the crush is over, what'll we have to talk about the next time we get together? Oh right, MY messed up dating life :-)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger jojo said...

Hmmmm....messed up dating life....I'm intrigued--we should talk.

Hopefully this one isn't married, at least.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger equipoise said...

The "messed up" comment wasn't in regards to anything in particular. Just a general comment re: dating in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter