Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Vampire Ride Pictures

The Triumphant Group Meets the Sun!!
T: Travis
M: Hui Hwa (organizer), Jonathan, me, ?????, J. Greenfield (future roomie!)
B: Mr. Bike, Mark, Todd

These are belated photographs of the January 14 Vampire Ride. We biked around at night, going to different late-night spots and determined to last until daylight. Success was ours!

This is immediately after we got done hot-tubbing. We finally dragged ourselves out of the hot water, bundled back up and raced to the lakeshore for sunrise. I think the high temp that day was around 16 degrees, and this was just after 7:00 in the morning.

Mark & Hui Hwa playing on the Ice at the water's edge.

We stayed at the lakeshore for a while, joking about people falling. I fell on my butt at one point, but nobody took a dip.

Guy I don't know, me and Jonathan

I'm not really sure what I'm doing.....look how long the shadows are.

After this we biked about 10 miles up to the Heartland Cafe where BikeWinter organizers were interviewed. Afterwards, four of us biked back down to Wicker Park area: Myself, John, ????guy in yellow and Travis. John and I spent a couple of miles whistling "Sleigh Ride" together. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter