Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Tuesday Sleep-In?

I almost overslept today. I awoke to Isaac yelling to ask me if I was supposed to go to work today. I couldn't even figure out what day it was to properly answer the question. Tuesday!--this is not a good sign. Waking up on Friday morning thinking that it is the weekend is one thing, but doing it on Tuesday certainly foretells a long week ahead.

It wasn't even 8:00 so I had plenty of time to get to the office. It's weird that I slept so late, though. There really isn't any reason why my mental alarm clock didn't wake me up earlier. Overall, I am quite satisfied with myself for not needing an alarm clock now that I am an attorney. I hope I never have to use one again because it such an unpleasant, uncivilized way to wake up.

Today was Day 6 of the Icicle Bicycle Festival, so I went to the Winter Maintenance Workshop hosted by Kevin at Boulevard Bikes. My bike got a much needed scrubadubdub treatment in the bike tub as I washed off layers of salty grime. Plus, after several comments about my loose fender stay, or 'curb-feeler' as every one was calling it, Kevin grabbed a new bracket and fixed it for $2. Money damn well spent.

I went to the Handlebar with a new friend, Chris, who I met on the MLK Ride. Luckily, the owner of the restaurant whose share I will probably buy was there, so we discussed aspects of this deal. Assuming I still want to buy, it appears that this deal is actually going to happen. I haven't seen the financial spreadsheets, yet--but he is willing to sell the share on a payment plan. We haven't given each other firm offers for the price of his share, but from what he has said, it seems like it will be within the range that I expected, and find acceptable. Very exciting--but this creates serious implications in my life, and lifestyle--so I need to be sure that this is a good deal for me before jumping in. kersplash.

whew another very busy day. I am completely booked up for the next five days--hopefully I won't have to resort to an alarm clock to get through it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter