Monday, January 24, 2005

Entire Office Decimated!

Half of the attorneys called in sick today--myself not one of them. This is of course the logical outcome of contact with me last week. I have a kick-ass immune system and the few times I do get sick also means the people around me are about to become miserably ill. I didn't even get sick when I lived in the co-op during law school, even though most of my housemates were sick for most of each winter. That must really suck for them.

The quieter office, and some fast-approaching deadlines helped me to be pretty productive today. Yippeee!

After work I went to the "Chicago Auto Show Protest Planning Meeting" at the Handlebar restaurant. I have so many bikey events coming up in both the near and farther future that it makes my head spin. Everyday into the beginning of February I have at least one bikey event to attend. jeepers. Bike Winter--the ultimate cure for cabin fever.


4 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger equipoise said...

I hope you feel at least a *little* guilty for delivering such misery upon your coworkers :-)

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer that daily biking strengthens the immune system. It's always the ones who stay tucked in their cozy houses, for fear of being exposed to coldness, who wind up on their deathbeds 10 times a year.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger jojo said...

I do feel sort of guilty for getting them sick--but I still feel a weird sense of pride by having my immune system' kissassedness somewhat redeemed.

Last week's sickness was a blow to my pride. The last time I was sick was five years ago when I was coughing up blood and working in the unheated tire warehouse.

Probably not funny to others: I smeared some of my saliva on a hated professor's door handle--he was sick for well over a month. HaHa take that for your 8:30am required-class, draconian-attendance-policy. He was sick 1-2 times a week (3 classes a week), but never let us know in advance. Every class we missed--for any reason (he didn't accept Drs. excuses)--lowered our highest possible grade by 1/2 grade. So we dragged our butts to class only to have his secretary announce 15 minutes into the period that he was ill and wouldn't be there. Hypocrite jerk. So after one particularly feverish, blood-coughing morning class that he canceled I bitterly spread my germs to his office. Turns out he spent Winter break seriously ill.

Yes, I am a petty and mean person. Luckily he didn't die or anything. Plus the next year his tenured ass was fired for missing so many classes. All psychology students rejoiced!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Chus said...

This is what I think: Handlebar Restaurant

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter