Thursday, December 16, 2004

Yowzers

I received a $25,000 raise today. I was hoping for/expecting $10,000 so this was quite a nice surprise. My bonus was also more than double than I expected--actually in the exact same proportion as my raise. Obviously I feel like a rock star.

What makes this even more beautiful is that my boss came into my office and sat down in the chair across from my desk--right on top of the clothes I biked in. I had to stifle giggles--somehow I found it incredibly funny that my boss was sitting on my dirty clothes while giving me $30,000. I must say that I am feeling much better about the firm after this gesture--although this still doesn't seem like much when I consider that many of my friends are earning almost double what I do. Sigh.

My financial outlook is still much rosier than it was before and I am totally stoked about this. I will now probably be able to pay off my credit card debt by the end of the year instead of in March. Plus now I have no qualms whatsoever about getting dropping $1000 on Kim's baby's educational savings account. And I am practically salivating at the idea of getting a nice road bike. I was planning on getting a new bike after my credit card debt was paid off--I haven't really splurged on anything since I got the job because I wanted to exercise discipline first and stabalize my finances. Yippee! It will still take quite a while to become a homeowner, but I feel like I am on my way.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter