Friday, December 24, 2004

Minneapolis hates me

****Warning*****Back-dated*****

I lived in Minneapolis for two delightful summers, and would move back there pretty quickly if a job presented itself. However, I don't think the city is all that interested in wooing me. First it didn't offer me a permanent position, and it tries to frighten me with the horror of its winters. I've only been there twice in the wintertime and both times it was really cold nasty winter weather. Additionally, both times I ended up experiencing nasty traffic. I'd like to think the city is just playing hard to get, but I am realistic enough to recognize that it is actively trying to piss me off.

Needless to say, my brother and I didn't do any of our planned outdoor activities. On our way to the gym we damn near froze our faces off--it was less than 1/2 mile away. Brrrr.

Later that night we went to a poolhall and met up with two of his friends. It was fun and for a few shots I was in my zone and was able to cut some nice shots. Then I just got sloppy because I am a total lightweight. Even though Minneapolis is giving me the bitterly cold shoulder, it was a very nice visit with my brother and a good use of my vacation days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter