Monday, November 29, 2004

Productive at last

My life finally feels like it is on the right track. The past week has felt really productive because I did a lot of things that I have been putting off. Most of the tasks were boring and mundane: cleaning the house, sewing some clothes, cooking--but I also completely rearranged my bedroom and today put fenders on my bicycle. I also went to the gym after work today to lift weights. Once I establish a schedule I am pretty good at sticking with it, but just breaking out of the habit of being lazy can be hard.

Other nights this week I hope to get a haircut (a trendier one for the first time in my life!), bake pfeffernuseon cookies, do laundry, go to yoga and plan/bake a cake for Peter's birthday this Saturday. Whew. I will be very happy if I accomplish all of this. Being productive becomes a happy spiral for me--what a great compliment to the holiday season.

I also called Mike last night and we had a decent conversation. It feels like we will be able to transition pretty easily to friends--but I don't know if either of us will actually make the effort. I don't think it will be a big deal either way. It feels good to be relieved from the stress of wondering whether or not to contact him. Being productive and taking care of lingering issues is very good for me and makes me happy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Site Counter